"" project cake pop: Cake pop by accident

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cake pop by accident

Accidents happen and that's how I learned about cake pops.  It was almost time to leave the office and I was hurriedly scouring the web for  a recipe that I can whip up in record time when I get home.  Thank heavens I'm always lucky to find one.  While I was printing the recipe a link caught my attention and it was about cake pop making.  I became so interested and engrossed that I didn't get off my chair until my son called and asked what's on the dinner menu.

After dinner I went online and searched more about cake pops.  It was easy for me to fall in love with cake pops because I've always loved baking. It's one of my passions that had to take the backseat because of other priorities like school and work. But I guess when you've always loved something it only takes a little bit of inspiration to awaken what has become dormant - and in this case, it's my love of baking. I think what I lack in other things I generally make up in my creativity in the kitchen.

It took me only a few minutes to gather what I needed to get at the store for my first attempt on cake pops.  Right away I jumped to one of the most popular flavors - red velvet.   It was so much fun to make cake pops that I didn't realize it was already 2am.  Don't ask me how I did at work later that day.  When it comes to baking I don't mind the preparation time - forever doesn't even faze me.  I'm more concerned with the directions - that I follow them to a T. That's the only way to learn and get the desired result.

Picture above is my red velvet cake pops.  I dipped them in white candy melts and sprinkled with decorating decors from Betty Crocker.  It came out really good - and I wouldn't say it if my 11-year-old son who is a finicky eater said otherwise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment