"" project cake pop: One concern with sprinkles

Friday, December 16, 2011

One concern with sprinkles

Sprinkles are cute! They make any cake pop look too cute to eat. They come in varying sizes, colors, and textures. I made these cake pops and decorated them with butterflies, pastel hearts, confetti, stars, and pearls. However, my son said that these sprinkles are hard. Not that I didn't believe him but I tried them for myself and yes, they're hard.  I was wondering if manufacturers can make them soft? I bought some holiday sprinkles like candy cane and green poinsettia leaves but I didn't use them because they're just too hard and they can potentially choke someone. It might be a little too extreme but what about chipping or breaking a tooth or two?

I won't be using any of those hard sprinkles anymore. I suggest that if you use them try to decorate your cake pops sparingly. You want people to enjoy your cake pops and decorations are just like that - decorations. What's important is what's inside your cake pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment