"" project cake pop: Pastel cake pops (Part 2 0f 2)

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pastel cake pops (Part 2 0f 2)

While the cake balls are in the freezer I melt my candy melts in the microvawe.  Since I have three cake balls for each color I only melt probably 3/4 cup of the candy melt.  When the candy melt is too thick I add vegetable shortening to get the consistency that I want.  One important thing don't dip the cake balls in the melted candy melt while it's still hot.  When the cake balls are too cold and the melted candy melt is hot it will result to cracked coating.

So now that you're ready to dip take your lollipop stick and dip it into the melted candy coating about 1/2 inch from the tip then insert it straight into the cake ball but not more than halfway through.

Now for the fun part. Dip the entire cake ball into the melted candy coating right to the base of the lollipop stick.  Make sure you use a deep plastic bowl so the cake balls can be completely submerged into the melted candy coating.  If there are excess coating just rotate the lollilop stick.  If there are no more excess coating stick the cake pop into the prepared Styrofoam block.

For the drizzles, I used white melted candy melts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment