"" project cake pop: Peanuts on cake pops

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Peanuts on cake pops

I love peanuts! When I saw a cake pop recipe with peanut sprinkles I tried to make them right away. If you have the Pops! Sweet on a Stick book by Wilton you can find the recipe called 'Sweet and Salty' on page 101.  For my version of the recipe I used chopped almonds. And I tell you, it was one of the most (if not the most) popular cake pops I made.  For the cake mix I used Betty Crocker's Chocolate Fudge (until I find the best chocolate cake recipe).  And what could be better than a moist cake inside and crunchy peanuts outside? This recipe requires extra dipping since after you roll the cake pops in nuts (and after chilling them) you have to dip them in melted candy again. But it's all worth it. Your friends will be coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment